- Liberia Fula Community Acknowledges Private Security Training, Rejects Claims of Militia Formation
- Nigerian Pastor Charged With Statutory Rape, Remanded at Kakata Central Prison
- Supreme Court Rejects Samuel Tweah and Others Immunity Bid, Orders Criminal Trial To Continue
- Armed Forces of Liberia Launch Premium Rice Brand at 69th Armed Forces Day Celebration
- Former Chief Zoe Zanzan Karwor Cries Out Over Neglect After Leg Amputation at JFK
- Ministry of Justice to Penalize Ministers, Lawmakers, Judges and Private Citizens for Unauthorized Use of Sirens
- GAC Launches 2026–2030 Strategic Plan, Audits Presidency for First Time
- Dead Whale Washes Ashore at Congo Town Beach, Residents Seen Cutting and Taking Meat
Author: Kerkula Blama
Kerkula Blama also known as Aketella is a Liberian blogger and the CEO of Geez Liberia. He is also a vlogger, On-Air Personality, curator, PR, A&R and Influencer.
Six men have been arrested at Agogo in Ashanti Region of Ghana, for inserting a thick long stick into the anus of a 16-year-old boy suspected to be a thief. The suspects identified as 24-year-old Kwasi Marfo, 65-year-old Boakye Danquah, 53-year-old Osei Bonsu, 26-year-old Kofi Asiedu, 30-year-old Obeng Mensah and a 79-year-old man were caught on camera carrying out the act. The video was captured by those who claimed to have caught the boy stealing in their neighborhood. The 79-year-old man in the video who was the first person to be arrested by the police following a missing person complaint filed…
Videos have emerged showing the Taliban militant group killing Afghanistan special forces. The killings allegedly happened on June 16 in the town of Dawlat Abad by the Taliban in Faryab province, close to Afghanistan\’s border with Turkmenistan. Across Afghanistan, tens of thousands of civilians have been displaced amid a surge in fighting that followed US President Joe Biden\’s announcement that all US troops will be withdrawn from the country by September 11. Since then, the Talibans claim to have taken control of nearly 200 districts across Afghanistan — mostly in the north and north-west. In many areas, they have met little…
At least 41 people have been killed in a hospital fire in the southeastern Iraqi city of Nasiriya, with at least 5 people critically injured. According to Dr. Ammar al-Zamili, the spokesperson for the local health department, the fire on Monday night, July 12, is believed to have started after oxygen tanks exploded in an ICU treating Covid-19 patients, al-Zamili said. \”The civil defense teams managed to control and put out the major fire that broke out at al-Hussein hospital in the city with the help of health workers and neighborhood volunteers,\” al-Zamili told CNN. Health officials could not say…
Londre Sylvester, a Chicago rapper who goes by the name “KTS Dre,” was killed by a barrage of bullets just moments after he walked out of jail. According to police, Sylvester was shot at least 64 times outside the Cook County Jail in Chicago, the Chicago Tribune reported. Sylvester had been fitted with an ankle monitor and was released after being jailed for violating the conditions of his release on a 2020 gun charge, the Tribune said. He posted $5,000 bail Friday, the newspaper said. He was walking with a 60-year-old woman to a waiting vehicle, when multiple suspects suddenly emerged…
Ghana’s First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo has offered to refund all the allowances she has received since the president assumed office in 2017. She also said that she would not accept a salary that was recently approved by the country’s parliament. She added that she did not request to be paid and had only received that which existed and attached to her status, albeit informally. Her decision came following a public outcry over salaries. Last week, Ghanaians expressed outrage at the decision by MPs to approve salaries for the wives of the president and vice-president for the supportive role they play. They…
A lightning strike killed at least 11 people in India as they were taking selfies in a storm. The victims were on top of a watchtower in northern India when they were struck by lightning. Some people reportedly jumped to the ground in fright at the 12th Century Amer Fort in Jaipur. Rescuers search for survivors near the watch towers of the Amer Fort Shocking footage taken from a nearby building shows the huge bolt as it struck the tourist attraction, where crowds of people had gathered to take pictures. Senior police officer Anand Srivastava said most of the people…
Entertainment mogul and entrepreneur, Lyee K. Bility has taken timeout to stress out his frustration about how Liberian youths go agaisnt each other on a daily basis for no just cause. According to Lyee, the young people in Liberia need to be more concern about exerting efforts to rendering support for each other whether it is through our social actions, services or by volunteering. He believes that if efforts are exerted more in these areas, it’s most likely that Liberia as a country will begin to see increase in our human resource capacity, broaden prospects of major positive strides that’ll…
The husband of the South African woman who claimed to have given birth to 10 babies has gone to court to demand that she be freed after she was detained in a mental health institution. Local government officials in Pretoria in South Africa claim that Moliehi Maria Sithole, also known as Gosiame Thamara, did not give birth to 10 babies and may not have even been pregnant when the story went viral that she broke a record to have decuplets. According to a local government report, the woman had never been pregnant. The report also stated that the woman previously claimed…
Tunisia\’s government has appealed for help from citizens abroad after the authorities declared the country’s health system had \”collapsed\”, amid a rapid surge of the Delta variant which has led to increase in hospitalisation. \”Donate money, medical and paramedical equipment,\” the Tunisian embassy in France said in a post on Facebook. A spokesperson for the Tunisian ministry of health described the situation in hospitals as \”catastrophic\” – with an acute shortage of hospital beds and oxygen, as well as exhausted medical staff. The army has been deployed to enforce a new lockdown in some parts of the country that has…
The United States has reaffirmed its commitment to defend the Philippines\’ armed forces from attack in the South China Sea. According to the US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinken, the US will come to Phillipines aid if attacks were launched against it, as it has a 70-year-old mutual defense treaty with the country. Blinken made the comments on Sunday, July 11, in a statement marking the fifth anniversary of a ruling by an independent arbitration tribunal rejecting China\’s expansive territorial claims over the waterway, in support of the Philippines. The 2016 ruling by the Permanent Court of Arbitration at the Hague…

